Kratom on Dr. Phil

Shop Forums Kratom General Discussion Kratom legal status Kratom on Dr. Phil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Well I am sure all of you have seen the episode of Dr. Phil where he addresses Kratom addiction. It is unfortunate that the guest doctor on the show presented the side effects of use as fact, when there is no factual evidence to support his claims. Luckily so far no one is buying the Kratom must be illegal bs just yet, especially as the nation turns towards legalizing MJ, people are finally saying we want the facts if we are going to make a substance illegal, and not the facts the DEA wants to present. As A daily Kratom user of over 4 years I can tell you what the real negative effects are.
    1. It is addictive, if you are an addict!!!!! That is to say people are predisposed to addiction due to faulty pleasure centers in our brains. These people will become addicted to any substance they feel good effects from. Notice the lady in the show has several addictions, kratom being one of them, but obviously this woman has a problem that extends beyond what particular substances she has. I personally can accept that I am addicted to Kratom, and in the same capacity as I am to caffeine. I do not see this as a problem addiction any more than caffeine, though I do often take 1 month breaks from Kratom.
    2. Withdrawals. Kratom has somewhat nasty physical withdrawals. A proper taper can eliminate this almost completely. The mental withdrawals are the hardest part as many of us are self medicating for anxiety/depression and discontinuing use will bring those underlying factors back 10 fold for a few weeks. I highly suggest that you address these issues with your doctor before discontinuing use of Kratom.
    3. Weight Loss, the weight loss will occur only if you are eating around your doses. DO NOT SKIP MEALS TO GET HIGH. You can very easily does first thing in the morning, and eat breakfast as soon as you feel the effects. While this will reduce efficacy it will prevent development of anorexia. This is my personal biggest issue as it took me a long time to realize that i was avoiding eating to take kratom, but these were also the most stressful months of my life. Kratom will actually increase your appetite once you start eating, but it will trick your brain into thinking you are not hungry.
    4. Irritability, this one is a nagger but true you may become irritable from time to time but who is to say the kratom is causing it and not our circumstances?
    Now for the myths
    Liver, mine is fine and i dose 20g a day.
    Psychosis, Not in my experience
    Hallucination, Kratom is not psychoactive at any dose, and if you have had this experience I would really like to know.
    Bottom Line:
    As with any medicinal herb there are potentials for abuse and side effects. Proper dosage and awareness will eliminate these risks. So should Kratom be legal? Absolutely, it is not anyone elses place to tell me what I can use to treat my anxiety. Big pharma will be fighting tooth and nail against kratom as it replaces all of their chemicals with an organic plant that is far more effective in most cases. Do not allow yourself to get caught up in B.S. surrounding kratom and ensure your local lawmakers have proper information. I actually mailed my state senator and told her to contact me should she ever need information on Kratom as I have seen all of the actual studies, and read them in their entirety. I hope we can get some real studies done soon to show just how wonderful Kratom is.

bobbyjones
    Participant

Kratom addiction is a serious issue that has become increasingly prevalent in recent years. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to address this issue due to its lack of visibility and understanding. The episode of Dr. Phil where he addressed Kratom addiction was a great example of how the media can be used to bring attention to this issue and help those who are suffering from it. In the episode, Dr. Phil discussed the dangers of Kratom addiction and the importance of seeking help for those struggling with it. He also brought on a guest doctor who was able to provide insight into what makes this condition so difficult to treat and how people can get help for their addiction.

https://www.inflearn.com/blogs/3193

bobbyjones
    Participant

The fact that there is no factual evidence to support the claims made by the guest doctor on the Dr. Phil show regarding the side effects of Kratom use is a very concerning situation. It is important for viewers to remember to always do their own research and consult with a medical professional before making any decisions about their health. Additionally, it is important to remember that Kratom can be abused, and it should be used responsibly and with caution.

https://aulagarema.milaulas.com/blog/index.php?userid=2680

bobbyjones
    Participant

The guest doctor on the Dr. Phil show did not present any factual evidence to support his claims about the side effects of Kratom use. While there are potential risks associated with using Kratom, the majority of research suggests that it is a relatively safe substance when used responsibly. It is important to note that, like any substance, it can be abused and can lead to addiction or other mental health issues. Therefore, it is always advisable to consult with a medical professional before taking any kind of supplement or drug.

http://www.fanart-central.net/user/jakeriley/blogs/18432/7-Tips-For-Finding-Reliable-Proofreading-And-Editing-Services

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.