Kratom Capsules vs. Kratom Powder:
Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) grows in Southeast Asia’s hot and humid forests (primarily in Thailand and Malaysia, the islands of Kalimantan, Sumatra, the Philippines, Papua, New Guinea). It is a large tropical evergreen tree with upturned branches, dark green leaves, and yellow flowers. Kratom in Thailand has been cultivated for many years. The plant is readily available in a variety of forms. Kratom users may choose a preferable form of Kratom, such as powder, capsule, extract, or raw leaves.
In the following article, we will discuss the differences between Kratom powder and Kratom capsules and the benefits and downsides each form offers.
What is Kratom?
Mitragyna speciosa, better known as Kratom, is a tree native to Southeast Asia. Its leaves contain potent chemical compounds.
Kratom’s properties have long been recognized in the regions of its growth, and have now become known and studied in other parts of the world.
Mitragyna speciosa and its effects are currently under extensive research in the US, available for purchase in many forms online, including raw leaves, as a powder, in capsules, or as a liquid extract.
Raw Kratom Leaves
The name “Kratom” refers to both the tree and its leaves. The Kratom tree’s leaves are involved in the production of Kratom extract, powder, and capsules.
Kratom leaves rot much faster than processed versions of the plant. Therefore, storing Kratom in its natural form for prolonged periods of time is not recommended.
Kratom powder was initially developed by merchants wanting to ship the substance to faraway lands preventing it from decomposing. Kratom leaves were no good in this department and would rot within a few days. Hence, as a solution to this problem, Kratom growers began to dry the leaves and crush them into a fine powder. This powder has a long shelf life and can be easily transported across borders.
Kratom powder is still widely used and is one of the more popular forms, alongside capsules. There are various advantages associated with the use of Kratom powder, including the following:
- Kratom Powder has a long shelf life and is easy to store. It is perfect for people who travel a lot or go on long trips and need to store their product for longer without refrigeration or special care.
- It is more convenient to use powder than raw leaves.
- Kratom powder mixes well with water.
However, like all products, Kratom powder has its own set of cons, too:
- Due to the lack of a capsule coat or container to hold it in place, Kratom powder can sometimes get messy.
Kratom powder is perfect for the toss and wash, or “toss ‘n wash” technique.
Kratom powder is a powerful substance, becoming the most popular form of Kratom.
Kratom capsules are also a widespread method of Kratom consumption. Favoring the capsule ingestion over powder is supported by the following reasons:
- There is no unappetizing taste; Kratom capsules are typically packed using a layer of soluble gelatin or plant-based coating, which has no flavor. This method of consumption makes capsules an ideal option for people who do not enjoy Kratom powder’s taste but enjoy the effects of Kratom.
- There is no mess involved with Kratom capsules. They come in fixed packaging, which offers no wastage.
- Kratom capsules come in standardized quantities, offering precision in dosage.
- Capsules are easily portable and can be taken on the go, unlike powder. The convenience is the reason why regular users prefer capsules over powder.
- Kratom capsules are easy to consume.
While there are many excellent benefits of choosing Kratom capsules over powder, there are also a few downsides worth mentioning:
- Capsules are more expensive than powdered Kratom. For this reason, people tend to choose the powdered form over capsules.
- There is a lack of genuine Kratom capsule sellers. Making Kratom capsules is a laborious process, which is why most retailers only stock the powdered form.
- Kratom capsules are only available in limited strains. Many strains of the Kratom plant are not readily available in capsule form yet.
- Kratom capsules may be laced with unwanted substances. There is no definite way to test what’s inside the capsules without damaging the product. To avoid this, people only buy from reputable and reliable sellers.
- Since capsules are only available in standardized quantities.
There are many pros and cons to using Kratom capsules. But which one is better: powder or capsules? Read on for the verdict.
While Kratom capsules may have many promising benefits, they are less convenient than using Kratom powder. Despite being easily portable and less messy, capsules are more expensive than Kratom’s powdered form and are also more challenging to find.
For more information, refer to our F.A.Q. Section.
Is Kratom legal?
Although not regulated or approved as a supplement by the Food & Drug Administration, Kratom is federally legal in most states in the United States, but not in Thailand, Australia, Malaysia, and several European countries.
What are the risks associated with buying Kratom online?
Many online retailers are selling Kratom. However, several websites advertising Kratom are selling the supplement contaminated with impure or potentially harmful substances.
On that account, one should only buy Kratom from reliable and verified online platforms with a trustworthy reputation.